Animal Care Technician I
Requirements for Consideration
- Minimum 1-year experience in a laboratory animal facility, animal hospital, zoo or related animal field. Experience working with rodents is a plus.
- AALAS certification at ALAT level or higher preferred.
- AALAS ALAT certification required within 2 years of ACT I start date.
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of Animal Care Technician responsibilities
- Ability to work daily M-F 7:00-3:30 shift and on weekends and holidays (approximately 6 hours each day) on a rotating schedule.
- Has strong teamwork approach to department responsibilities, seeking out tasks to complete and aiding wherever possible to ensure entire team is successful.
- Must possess an excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal, to effectively communicate with lab personnel, veterinary staff and coworkers in a professional manner.
- Excellent time management skills; able to balance demands of multiple responsibilities at one time while efficiently and effectively completing tasks that are reasonably free from error.
- Ability to adapt to and manage the stress of change associated with an evolving program and work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to include working well in a team environment, self-motivation, problem solving skills, and critical thinking.
Under the direction of the Husbandry Manager and the Floor Leads, the Animal Care Technician shall primarily be responsible for daily health and cage observations, room parameter checks, weekly cage change, housing animal deliveries, weaning, euthanasia of cull animals and the decon of animal rooms & support areas. In addition, this person will be responsible for maintaining proper documentation as required, performing accurate cage census, maintaining a clean & organized work area and ensuring items are properly stocked in animal rooms and support areas.
|Job Category||Animal Care Technician|