Cagewash Technician l
Under the direction of the Cagewash Foreman, the Cagewash Technician shall have the physical strength and dexterity to handle cages, racks, feedbags, carts, dollies, and other equipment. They shall be able to recognize and understand the difference between clean, sanitized, and sterile equipment. They should be able to work with chemicals and heavy machinery. The Cagewash Technician shall maintain accurate logs and maintain the cleanliness of the facility.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Candidates must possess a command of the English language both written and verbal in order to effectively communicate with coworkers, clients and researchers on a daily basis.
- Must be available to work M- F on either of the two shifts supported by this position, 7:30am-4:00pm or 8:00am-4:30pm.
- These persons shall have some knowledge of sanitation, disinfection, and sterilization. Previous cagewash experience is a plus.
- Clean, sanitize, or sterilize caging or equipment utilizing automated cagewash machines, autoclaves, bottle fillers, and bedding dump stations.
- Dispose of waste in compliance with NIH “Guide” and federal/state regulations.
- Clean and sanitize cagewash and ancillary areas.
- Minor/preventative maintenance of caging and equipment.
- Movement/delivery of feed/bedding sacks, cages, racks, carts, dollies and other equipment.
- Assure that procedures and practices involving the program of animal care are appropriate for the continued maintenance of AAALAC accreditation of the facility.
- Adhere to security procedures and confidentiality requirements.
- Ensure performance of activities in adherence with established SOPs.
- Participate in the ongoing employee training program, with special emphasis on safety and health training, safe work practices, and use of personal protective equipment.
- Perform job tasks/duties in compliance with ILAR “Guide”, policies, regulations, safety, and security procedures.
- Perform work in compliance with applicable safety requirements.
- Adherence to equipment sanitation and sterilization schedules.
- Assure that records, log books, and other project records are appropriately and contemporaneously maintained.
- Compliance with the QA/QC program.
- Recommend changes in operational procedures that might increase the efficiency or effectiveness of work procedures or practices.
- Observe and report any abnormalities in equipment or facilities to their supervisor or the Facility Director.
* Additional duties beyond what is described in this short summary are required.
|Job Category||Cagewash Technician|